Lately, I have been analyzing my schedule because it seems I can not finish anything I plan for the day. I am pertaining to my extra curricular activities beyond office hours. I can even blog properly after 5pm. I racked my head for answers on the following questions: Am I losing that beauty blogging enthusiasm? Am I growing old too fast that I have been thinking too much of real life now more than ever? Aside from my life struggles (sinong wala?hmpf!), one fact always pops in my head.TRAFFIC! Wait wait wait anong connect? Traffic has caused me my health. I barely have enough sleep to keep me going the next day. For a commuter like me, I need to be up at 445 am-5am to ensure that I arrive before 8am in the office. Then, after work it will take 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 grueling hours before I can get home. In between traffice jams, my brains pacing back and forth with life mysteries and unsolved problems to beauty blogging and makeup. I even make mental notes of my next blog post just to end up curled up in my bed while reading a book after a tiresome day. This post should have gone up days before and believe me traffic has caused its delay to be published. :) haha
Moving on, I have a lot of newly discovered product to blog about. One of my latest favorite is the Hard candy glamouflage concealer. I have been hearing a lot of raves about this product. I think this is comparable to the infamous Kat Von D tattoo concealer that costs more. Eekkk!! Anything affordable sounds great to me! Mabilis akong mauto! hehe Okay. I got the Medium Shade. For reference I have medium warm skintone (NC35 in MAC but NC37 looks good on me as well). The shade of medium is one shade lighter than my skin tone. Okay, I will not rant about the shade selection. I have accepted the fact that most concealers out in the market will be a shade lighter than my skintone and the only shade that will perfectly match my skin is that of my MAC Pro longwear. This has a yellow undertones which is perfect! Despite being a shade lighter, I can still wear this concealer on its own without looking like a reverse panda in real life and in photos taken with flash. Lately, I have been mixing this concealer with my MAC Pro longwear or Rimmel Wake Me up Concealer to achieve an almost perfect shade for me. For the record, I only concealers on my under eyes. I tried using concealer as a highlighter and it worked very well.
This concealer comes in a squeeze tube with pointed nozzle opening. I like how small the opening is because the amount of product it dispenses is very controllable. One tube contains 20 grams of product and has a shelf life of two years. I bet I can not finish this in two years because a little of this product goes a long.
It comes with a pencil concealer which I am not really fond of (or perhaps I have not yet discovered how to properly use it). I tried using it on my waterline and it does not glide smoothly. I tried using it to highlight my browbone but it caked on me big time. I think this is best for spot concealing. In my case, I do not have anything to spot conceal. So, in this review, I will focus on the liquid concealer.
The liquid concealer has a very thick but has a blendable texture. For coverage, it is at par with my MAC Pro Longwear concealer or even better because I just need a few dots under my eye to cover my entire eye area. This concealer is truly a heavy duty one. I can not believe it is a fraction of the price of MAC and other high end brands.
I tried covering a black liner with this concealer and it exceeds all my concealer expectations (I know by now, you probably guessed.. I LOVE THIS CONCEALER!!!! and I am not being biased when I said that it exceeds my expectations).
Before and After picture of my under eye
I just need three tiny dots to cover my dark circles. I suddenly forgot about my MAC Pro Longwear Concealer when this baby came along. Let's have a point by point review on this because I have been blabbing too much.
What I Love About This Concealer:
1. This is a heavy duty concealer. It covers my dark circles very well.
2. This has a very thick but blendable consistency.
3. I can use it a highlighter at time especially when I use my darker shade of foundation as a base.
4. This product works well with my other concealer and foundation.
5. This barely cake on me but I suggest to use minimal amount of product.
6. The coverage is fantastic.It is very concentrated and I am very happy with how it covers my under eye.
7. I just need three dots which means this concealer can last me like forever (kidding).
8. It dries into a semi matte finish but there is still a need to set this with powder.
9. Aside from being blendable with my other concealer and foundation, this works well with any kind of setting powder whether it be two way foundation, pressed powder or loose powder.It is very easy to set with any of the aforementioned type of products.
10. It lasts almost whole day on me except that the product on the inner corners of my eyes gets rubbed off quite easily.
11. This is affordable.
12. This did not irritate my eyes.
13. It does not crease as long as it is properly set and a good amount of concealer and primer to prep your face will do wonders.
14. I can reapply or retouch the concealer without caking.
15. It does not settle too much on the fine lines. Well, almost all my concealers settle on the fine lines but I find this tolerable in fact I barely notice that it settles on my fine lines (or
16. It does not give my that reverse panda look even if it lighter than my skin. I prefer concealer that suits my skintone perfectly.
What I do not Like About This Concealer:
1. Not available locally.
2. This has a very strong crayon/crayola scent that I eventually got used to.
3. This concealer is bit dry so make sure you pack your fave eye serums and moisturizers very well before applying it.
4. It only comes in three shades.
This is one of my most favorite drugstore find to date and I highly highly recommend this to all of you! Bili na!! hehe
Last few days till my September Giveaway ends!!
Like Mylucidintervals FB Page Here
Got questions? Ask Here
For product reviews, advertisement inquiry email me at firstname.lastname@example.org