Review + Swatches: Maybelline Powder Mattes
- Lightweight. It feels so comfortable and feels nothing on the lips.
- Did not dry out my lips
- The dark and deep colors like the plums and reds don't have intense pigmentation in one swipe. I find them wearable for everyday especially when applied only with one layer. (Red lips araw araw? Why not)
- Lasts 3-4 hours on my lips
- Stays put even after eating or drinking with slight noticeable fading
- Leaves a tint on the lips after hours and it does not look completely washed off
- Some shades like the Barely There or Nude Illusion looked weird on my lips. These shades did not deliver any color on me and looked to waxy. The lighter shades do not look good on my dark lip lines.
- This line does not have a lot of natural/neutral shades for everyday wear.
- The shades or color pay off are not consistent. Some lipsticks looked different on the tube and when worn. For example, Mauve It Up looks like purplish pink on the tube but when applied, it looks medium Barbie pink on my lips and on the swatches.
- Some shades appear patchy on my lips and feels waxy too.
Don't forget to join y giveaway: http://www.mylucidintervals.com/2017/04/my-lucid-intervals-2017-summer-giveaway.html
A blog of young Filipina lawyer and Professional Makeup Artist who found interest in makeup and blogging during her law school life. Peek into her blog to get a dose of ramblings about life, beauty and everything in between.