ELF Studio Lip Stain
Achieve full coverage that lasts for hours with this long-wear formula. Enjoy silky matte color or layer on the moisturizing clear gloss for a shiny look. With key Vitamins A & E your lips stay smooth all day long.
Apply the Stain to bare lips and allow to dry for a matte finish. Apply the clear gloss on top of the color for a shiny effect and to moisturize the lips if needed. Remove with any oil or cream based makeup remover or cleanser.
(from ELF website)
I am in dire need of a pink lips tain when I chanced upon this product. Initially, I really do not have any intention of buying this one especially this shade.I was actually looking out for Ellana's liptint in smitten but i find it too sheer and light. This looks carnation pink on the tube and when swatched.. There were three shades available which are: red carpet, birthday suit and fashionista. I wanted red carpet but I still have too many red lipstick and red lip stain. I never thought it looks gorgeous when worn until a lady swatched it on her own lips and I immediately asked the SA what did she put on. She pointed me to this one and I asked again -- are you sure?haha.
This is not a lip stain at all. The consistency is more like a liquid lipstick. Here are a few pictures of it:
The stain part is very pigmented.
What I love about this product:
- The first thing I really love about this product is the shade. I am really lemming for NARS Schiap for the longest time now and I am looking out for cheaper alternative. This is the closest in my opinion. The shade is more like a hot neon pink which amazes because it really looked good in fluorescent light. It makes my teeth whiter too!
- The price is affordable. It only cost 250.00 and available at ELF counters. I saw this at SM Manila and Robinsons Galleria.
- Even though the consistency is more of liquid, It lives up to the fact that it is stain. I does not wear off amidst eating and drinking. I do not retouch or reapply I just apply lipbalm to keep my lips moisturized
- I would always experience staining my two front teeth with lipstick,, I do not know why! It is so frustrating at times but with product I have not experience this at all.
- I love the fact that I can use this matte or with a gloss. I actually love it matte.
What I do not like about this product:
- It dries out my lips more than any other lip product that I used. I make sure that my lips are well moisturized before using this.
- Honestly, when you use the lipstain matte it can look soo fake. My super friend commented how pretty my lips look and I told her to try this put and it looks weird on her. Quoting her comment, it looks like paint!Ugh!But she told me that will buy red carpet instead. I think this shade does not look good on all skin tones.
So here are my classic lip swatches that would always get stolen (HAHA.. To those who did and to those who intends to steal my pictures in the future.. Thank you. You are promoting my blog because all pictures have my watermark all over.. and KARMA works.. :D )
I just love using it matte. It really brightens my face. I actually remember Bea Alonzo's character in Magkaribal "Gelai" where she always wear that beautiful bright pink lipstick. Honestly, I wanted to find out what lipstick brand and shade is she wearing.
Worn with a gloss.