Having a medium yellow skin tone has a lot of setbacks, one is finding the right shade of foundation that suits my undertone very well and next is finding my perfect nude lipstick. Yes. Finding that perfect nude lipstick for Filipina skin tone is as hard as finding your next Valentine's date. :P I have even tried using concealer for my lips just to create that nude glow. I either end up looking like a zombie from walking dead or with dry chapped lips with this technique. I was delighted to receive this Collection Star Lipsticks L'oreal Paris Philippines. Just by looking at the lipsticks when I opened this box, I was truly in awe!! My gassshh... grabe.. it looks sosyal in photos and in real life.
This collection is inspired by international celebrities/beauty ambassadress in the likes of Doutzen Kroes, Jennifer Lopez, Fan Bingbing, Gong Li, and Sonam Kapoor. Surely, every Filipina will find their perfect nude shade in this collection. This lipstick is house in a golden tube, contains a signature of every celebrity the lipstick reperesent (autograph itey!), and has a shade indicator on the front. What I immediately noticed from this lipstick is the the shape of the tip. It is like a svelte pointed tip that applies even to the inner corner of my lips and draws smoothly on the cupid's bow. No need for a lip liner to outline your lips.
These lipsticks are creamy as icing on your birthday cake. Seriously, these glides on very smoothly and does not feel heavy on the lips too. I do find the shades not too pigmented except for the barely moka (sorry typo on the mocha). I need two to three swipes of these lipsticks to show up on my dark lips. On the swatches below, I did three to four swipes so they looked really pigmented. Despite the lack of pigmentation, I do find these lipsticks to be buildable. These give off a natural sheen when worn except for the shade Barely Greige (again.. my gulay wrong spelling naduduling na ako ah.. I wrote barely beige on the swatches. My bad) which has tiny minute shimmers (tiny na minute pa. kaloka). Due to its creamy and blendable texture, it tends to highlight my dry lips, hence no close up swatches for this post. My lips look horrible lately that going for a close up shot does not look appealing at all.
This does not bleed at all and I can even use them alone without any lip liners. The shades are perfect for fairer skintone and those with lighter/pinker lips. Shades like Barely Pink does not look too nice on my dark lips but this does not stop me from using these lipsticks. As a makeup artist, I do find these shades very wearable for Filipina skintone and perfect for weddings. Yes, I admit some may appear too light or too unnatural but since these lipsticks are blendable and creamy, mixing them with other lipsticks is a great idea. Yes, these lipsticks are one of the best lip combo pakner! ever! Thumbs up for this, Loreal! With a lip liner, I can create an entirely new lip color with these babies which I can't usually do with my other lipsticks because they are too opaque (opaque lipsticke tend to overpower the color of the lip liner). Also, these shades can be used together too as a combo. I love the Barely Moka plus Barely Coral combo!! :)
These lipsticks last fairly well on my lips compared to my other creamy lipstick. Of course, sans eating and drinking.
The swatches on me:
Uy, umeffort ako dito teh ahh full eye makeup pa yan. haha
Which do you prefer a close up shot of the lips or a picture of me wearing the lippie like these ka-echosan?
Let me know on the comment box below. Please lang wag niyo sabihing "Both" #char
1. Barely Pink - This is a cool toned sheer baby pink that looks perfect for fairer skin tone. I have a hard time pulling off this shade because it really looked unnatural on me. This shade is inspired by the Victoria's Angel Model, Doutzen Kroes.
2. Barely Greige - This shade is inspired by none other than J.Lo. This is a pale beige with hints of minute gold shimmers and has a luminous finish. Honestly, I wanted this shade to work on me (sariling sikap without any help from a lip liner). Sadly, hindi niya kaya ang dark lip lines ko. I look dedz talaga. It just looked appealing on the photo because I was wearing a strong eye makeup. However, this color reminded me of a Mac Creme d Nude lipstick that my Aunt swears by to tone down her red lip color. Yes, this is a nice lip combo partner for darker lip shades. I turned an orange lipstick to a dainty kind of peachy tone by applying this shad on top of it. Because of that, I love it na!!!! hehe This plus a brown lip color = LOVE!
3. Barely Plum - this shade is inspired by Sonam Kapoor. This is a pale mauvey pink. I love this shade but because of my strong yellow undertones, it does not love me back. haha I have to use a nice lipliner to make it work.
4. Barely Moka - This is inspired by Gong Li. This is definitely the perfect nude for Filipina. This is a true terracotta shade. Most of the time, I just used one layer.
5. Barely Coral is my favorite. It looks beautiful for everyday wear. It looks great on my medium yellow skin tone and gives off that instant brightening effect.
Overall, I love this collection from L'oreal. Some colors are definitely a miss for me but hey, with a good lip liner or a lipstick partner, these shades are fabulous!
Each lipstick costs 625 per tube and is available at all leading malls nationwide.
** Product sent for review purposes**
Do not forget to join my August Giveaway: http://www.mylucidintervals.com/2014/07/mli-august-reader-of-month-giveaway.html
Like Mylucidintervals FB Page Here
Got questions? Ask Here
For product reviews, advertisement inquiry email me at firstname.lastname@example.org