The Hit List (Quarterly Favorites - Jan/Feb/March)
|Hello MLI Readers! For more than a week, I have been too preoccupied with a lot of things. On top of that is the series The walking Dead. Oh my, this is probably the best series I have ever seen. This series has definitely kept my imagination going wild and my pulse rate speeding up. Some may find it too morbid and gore but not for me. Aside from my Walking Dead Addiction, Insanity has also veered me away from blogging. More often than not, I will choose Insanity over beauty blogging because I am desperate on loosing weight. Right now, I took a break from insanity because of a knee injury. Enough of my blabbing, let's head to my quarterly favorites.|
1. Krave Oil Eliminator and Skin Hydrator - The hot weather here in Manila melts my face makeup so quickly that I tend to skip foundation or bb cream most of the time. But Krave's powder has been my anti-shine hero this past month without leaving my skin tight nor highlighting the dry patches of my face. Thanks to Chrystal of Kikaymom.blogspot.com for giving me this powder. I have been reaching for this more than the overhyped Ben Nye Banana Luxury Powder.
2. Etude House Sweet Recipe All Over Colour in Raspberry Mousse Cake - this is my go to lip and cheek product. This has been a staple in my makeup kit ever since I got this. The reddish tint compliments my medium yellow skin tone. The texture is very creamy and blends really well. The color is very pigmented. On the cheeks, it gives me a very natural flush and it is not sticky at all. I also use this on my lips sans the lip liner but I do not skip the balm.
The best thing about this product is the scent. It has a sweet fruity scent that is quite addicting.
3. Etude House Sweet Recipe Choux Base in Mint - I have tried green and violet makeup base before from other Korean brands and it did nothing but made me look like Morticia Adams. This is the reason why I was not gung ho over this product when Etude House launched this. The first time I tried this, I immediately noticed that it made my skin smoother, even and brighter. It did not become a surprise when I started using it day after day after day. In other words, I was hooked on using this product. I love using this with foundations that are slightly darker than my skin tone like the San San BB Cream and the Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation. The scent just like the All Over Cheek Cream is really nice. It has this subtle green tea scent to it which is very refreshing.
4. Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation - This foundation has been my everyday staple. The lightweight feel is perfect during the summer. I love the fact that it has SPF20 but does leave a white cast in pictures. Chcek out my full review here. I got this from Sis Juju of Bon Marche https://www.facebook.com/bonmarchepage?fref=ts for review purposes. Check out her site for affordable drugstore finds.
5. Artdeco Camouflage Cream Concealer - With a very affordable price of 450 pesos, this tiny product is definitely a must try. Do not be fooled by its poor packaging. Housed in this flat container with an annoying sliding cover, this concealer is truly a heavy duty one. I am truly amazed with its coverage which can go from medium to full. The downside is that it tends to settle on the fine lines of my under eye. But the hell with my fine lines, this covers up my dark circles in a jiffy!!! Thanks Liz for featuring this product on your blog.
6. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Complete UV Moisture - This has got to be my life saver. Walking under the harmful heat of the sun these days does not worry me at all because of this baby. This has SPF 50, does not feel sticky or heavy on the skin, does not leave a white cast on photos and did not irritate my skin. This is actually my second bottle and I would definitely repurchase as soon as I ran out of this product.
|8. Carmex Lip Balm - There came a time sometime in January when my lips was too chapped and dry. It was flaking like crazy and I have lip wounds. I bought Maybelline Baby Lips but it did not help. Then, I bought Vaseline Lip Balm in a squeeze tube but it did not help either. I decided to go for this Carmex lipbalm. I first heard of Carmex through Aubrey (Fafinettex in Youtube). This instantly healed chapped lips. It has this refreshing minty feel to it. I will be buying another one in a tube.|
9. Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick in 08 - Click here for my full review. This is very beautiful everyday pink color that brightens my face in an instant. This lasts very well and does not dry up my lips. This is the very first lipstick that I have tried this year.
10. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm - This is truly my unsung hero. I have been using this everyday for the past months during my hearings and meetings. This is definitely a beautiful light peachy pink color that is perfect for office wear. This may appear sheer with one layer but the color is very buildable. I love the matte finish and the lightweight feel on my lips. I would definitely repurchase this shade and Antwerp. Thanks to Chrystal again for this.
|These colors are perfect for everyday wear.|
|11. ELF Eyelid Primer - I was really skeptical in trying this primer because of the mix reviews online. I bought this on a whim when I had to attend an event and I do not have an eyeshadow primer in my stash. This is probably the cheapest primer locally available. I was really surprised that this is a very good primer. This is way better than the Etude House Proof Ten Primer for only a fraction of a price. It blends very well on my lids and does not dry too easily. I can apply it over my powdered lids without experiencing powder build up. It prevents my eyeshadow from creasing for hours. Please note that I have dry lids so I really don't know if it will work for people with oily lids.|
12. Ever Bilena Advance Eyebrow Pencil in Brown - I use this for contouring my nose bridge and for outlining my brows. This pencil is very pigmented and goes on smoothly when applied.
13. 4u2 Dreamgirl Quattro Eyeshadow - Click here for my full review ans swatches of this palette. From everyday look to night time smokey eyes, this small palette right here is definitely a versatile product. I can use each color of the palette alone for a quick wash of color on my lid.I can use this with a brush or just my fingers for application. the colors are extremely creamy and blendable. The color pay off is really good. For 199 pesos, you can never go wrong with this palette.
That's it!! you will be seeing a lot of new products in my favorite lists and product reviews.
Like Mylucidintervals FB Page Here.
Got questions? Ask Here.
For product reviews, advertisement inquiry email me at email@example.com
A blog of young Filipina lawyer and Professional Makeup Artist who found interest in makeup and blogging during her law school life. Peek into her blog to get a dose of ramblings about life, beauty and everything in between.